- Low Standby-Current Consumption of 10 μA Max
- I2C to Parallel-Port Expander
- Open-Drain Interrupt Output
- Compatible With Most Microcontrollers
- Latched Outputs With High-Current Drive
- Capability for Directly Driving LEDs
- Latch-Up Performance Exceeds 100 mA
- Per JESD 78, Class II
Telecom Shelters: Filter Units, Servers, Routers (Telecom Switching Equipment), Personal Computers, Personal Electronics, Industrial Automation, Products with GPIO-Limited Processors.
This 8-bit input/output (I/O) expander for the two-line bidirectional bus (I 2C) is designed for 2.5-V to 6-V VCC operation.
The PCF8574 device provides general-purpose remote I/O expansion for most microcontroller families by way of the I2C interface [serial clock (SCL), serial data (SDA)].
The device features an 8-bit quasi-bidirectional I/O port (P0–P7), including latched outputs with high- current drive capability for directly driving LEDs. Each quasi-bidirectional I/O can be used as an input or output without the use of a data-direction control signal. At power on, the I/Os are high. In this mode, only a current source to VCC is active.
This chip also exists in a 16 channel version: PCF8575.