Instruction of USBASP
This programmer is based on Thomas Fischl's USBasp design and connects to your computer's USB port. Not only is it quite compact, but the design is really elegent. The USB interface is achieved by using an atmega processor and the rest is done in firmware. For those interested, the firmware source code can be downloaded from the USBasp website.
Some of the features include:
- Support for AVRDude from version 5.2 onwards
- Allows you to to read or write the microcontroller EEPROM, firmware, fuse bits and lock bits
- Support for Linux, OS X and Windows (will work on vista)
- 5 KB/sec maximum write speed
- Software controlled SCK option to support targets with low clock speed (< 1.5MHz)
- 10 pin ISP interface
- These programmers are a perfect companion to the Protostack 28 pin AVR Development Board or the Protostack ATMEGA8 Development Kit.